Do you have any Christmas traditions? We sure do at our house! If you don’t have any and are looking for some ideas, or maybe you want to start a few new ones, here are my 10 suggestions.
1. Cut down your own Christmas tree. This is a great way to start your Christmas, and the kids love it!
2. Collect children’s Christmas books to read each day of the month of December. Kids love being read to and you know it will put you in an awesome Christmas spirit.
3. Start a 12 days of Christmas service project. Every day find some type of service around the neighborhood or community that you can do. Not sure how to start? Call your local chruch or city center, they will be able to help you find somthing.
4. Decorate ginerbread houses!!!! You can make these with store bought kits, or assemble graham crackers into little houses. Buy a couple bags of candy and you will have yourself a fun family craft!
5. Write an annual letter reflecting on the past year and keep it inside an ornament. Then you can read the old ones every year!
6. Take a “pajama picture” of the kids and put it in an ornament to serve as a picture frame. Watch how the kids change from year to year.
7. Buy ornaments for your tree as you travel though the year. When you hang them on the tree, it will bring back memories of your trips.
8. Let the kids do “indoor ice skating” Cover their feet in wax paper and turn on some classical music and let them skate around the carpet.
9. Read the TRUE Christmas Story. Want the true meaning of Christmas read Luke 2:1-20. 8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”
10. Pick out gifts to share with the needy. Operation Christmas Child is a great way to show God’s love and the real meaning of Chrismas around the world. http://www.samaritanspurse.org/
We hope your Christmas is filled with love, hope, and happiness! Merry Christmas from Noah’s Ark Photography