Creative Wall Display
When the walls feel a little too full of picture frames, it might be time to change it up or add something a little different to it, a creative wall display is what you need! You can use any type of craft item, and in this case, we chose to add some nature to the design with our wooden circles. Here is how to make them:
1. Find a wide tree stump in the woods. (Really).
2. Make sure the width is what you want, and the length of the stump is long enough to make as many rounds as you are wanting.
3. Take the stump to a safe, outdoor area, and with an electric saw, protective glasses, and something to sturdy your wood with.
4. Next, eyeball the width you want your wooden round to be, and start sawing away on the log. This doesn’t need to be measured and exact. The imperfections give it character and make it look raw and authentic instead of store bought.
5. Once your rounds are created, get some Command Velcro strips (found in most stores) and follow directions on how to apply them to your pieces and your wall.
6. After that is complete, find some of your favorite candid shots or special moments to display on your wooden round, and attach with a pin.
Transferring your photo to wood is a great craft for those that love the natural look of wood grain. Here are some simple steps to tackling this craft.
1. Get a piece of wood the size of your image from the hardware store.
2. Print your image onto paper. Black and white is best, but color will also work.
3. Paint the wood with a Gloss Medium found at your craft store (Liquitex makes a good one).
4. Place the image face down on the wood and press out any bubbles. Print will be reversed when complete.
5. Leave the picture alone to dry for at least 8 hours.
6. Using a wet rag, dampen the paper and start rubbing the paper off. You will see the image has transferred to the wood!