Improve Your Photos for Instagram
Would you love to have better pictures in your Instagram feed? Instagram is no doubt my favorite app. But the truth is that—as any avid Instagrammer knows—it often takes about 5 tries to get the perfect photo. It’s easy to improve your photos for Instagram and you can start by following these 5 simple steps.
1. Lighting is the key. Make sure your subject is near a window if inside, but not in direct light. Shoot with the light behind you. When the light is behind you, then it is illuminating your subject. Getting your subject well lit not only makes for a better picture, but helps tremendously with the crispness and quality of the image. If you are outside, shoot in the shade to avoid harsh shadows. Avoid shooting at night when possible, the low light availability causes blurriness in your images.
2. Don’t use the Instagram camera. Instead, take your pictures with your camera’s phone or even using the Camera+ app. Both will create better images that have more clarity. Also try holding the camera with both hands and holding it very still. Regularly clean your lens and you will be able to create the best and clearest images possible.
Then select them from your photo album once you are in Instagram.
3. Use better editing apps. Instagram’s filters have been outdone by better apps including VSCO, Camera +, Photoshop Express, and many more. If you want to up your photography game, then you need better filters and editing options.
4. Get creative. Use different angles, compositions, and even vary the distance from your subject. Don’t be afraid to take many pictures and just choose one. Playing around will stretch your creativity and help you develop more originality.
5. Add blur. Using the blur function within Instagram is a great mimic to the “shallow depth of field” that can only be created with DSLR cameras. But if you’re not shooting with a DSLR, then just add blur.